Friday, July 15, 2011

BWF

As previously mentioned in my first post, this blog idea came from my friend Diane, who I commonly refer to as “D”. Since this was her crazy idea and she has been on vacation for a week, I thought I would make this next post all about her! I know she is going to LOVE this!!

*Disclaimer…you may want a tissue while reading…

Diane is my BWF or Best Work Friend. Everyone should have a work friend like her. Not only do we work very well together, but we also have SO MUCH FUN together!

A few things about D at work
  • She LOVES when I sing to her.
  • She LOVES when I tell her jokes.
  • She LOVES when I have a new game to play.
    • Basically those three things are her favorite parts of her job.
  • When we sing together, it is a melodious harmony that everyone in the office enjoys.
  • She knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about movies, songs, tv shows, or pop culture in general. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite games to play with D is “What movie is this quote from”, “Who sings this song”, and other similar games because I ALWAYS WIN!!
  • Don't be fooled, she can come up with some super fun games to play too - like who can knock the phone receiver off the phone in the waiting room…with a bouncy ball.
  • She is hilarious when she gets mad, but I try not to tell her that when she is actually mad.
  • She makes me laugh uncontrollably when she “accidentally” drops something while people are sleeping the waiting room.
  • Her favorite song is “Islands in the Stream” by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers (wrong on so many levels…even more wrong when she sings that dumb song!!)
  • Some of my favorite stories that we share start with, “I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but…” and “I know this is gross, but…”
  • She is the best BOGO smoothie and iced coffee sharer
A few things about D in general
  • Her dog uses a liter box (not lying…I know, that is totally ridiculous!)
  • Her dog also cannot go outside for long periods of time, because they are afraid the hawks will swoop him up and eat him. 
  • She has only gone out with us after work twice, despite the thousands of times we have asked her.
  • She has NEVER (not once) in all the years I have known her invited me to go swimming at her house.
  • She is more than slightly addicted to couponing. (I won’t go in to detail here, but I’m pretty sure there are some border line illegal activities that go along with this.)
  • She is a control freak in the car and hates to ride with other people, especially me.
  • Her husband … well, those are some of the stories that she “probably shouldn’t tell”
There are so many more things that I could share about my BWF, but I would hate to embarrass her. She isn’t normally comfortable being in the spot light, but I don’t care. I do things all the time that she isn’t particularly fond of! That is part of my job as her BWF. Despite it all, she is what makes coming to work, even on bad days, fun!

*Don’t tell her, but I kind of love her!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that made me tear up! I, too, have a BWF...your sister, Miriam. We laugh so hard at times, I cannot breathe. I cannot tell you or her how much I will miss her! How dare she leave and carry on with her life with her handsome husband and soon to be triplet sons! I mean really!! BTW, I really enjoy hearing stories from Mir about you and your family. Guess I can keep up through blogs.

    ReplyDelete