Monday, April 27, 2015

To Nap or Not To Nap

Naps are funny things. 

Some times they make you feel better and some times they make you feel worse. 

When you can nap, you usually don't, but when you can't is when you want to the most. 

Small kids fight them. Grown adults wish they could take them. 

Naps - short periods of sleep, typically taken during daylight hours as an adjunct to the usual nocturnal sleep period

I don't normally nap. Some days I wish I could, but now that JD is down to only taking one nap, I have to use that time for things like showering and doing laundry. 

Sunday use to be my ultimate nap day. I mean, come on, Sunday was set apart as the day of rest. It was almost as if a magnetic was drawing me to my bed every Sunday afternoon. Now that I'm not on a rigid weekly routine, I don't feel as if I have to nap on Sunday to make it through the week. 

The last two Sundays, I have been able to take a nap when JD did. Yesterday's nap stemmed from a massive sinus headache that I was fighting. You'd think I would have learned from the previous week's nap, but I did not. I gave in and crashed on the couch for about an hour and a half. Big mistake! 

I could not get to sleep last night. It was after midnight before I even gave up and tried to get to sleep. When I finally did fall asleep, I woke up 3 times during the night and had a hard time getting back to sleep each time. 

Ugh! Why have naps turned on me?! Is it punishment for all the times that I could have or should have napped and didn't?! Although I don't miss the feeling of having to nap, I miss the ability to do so and still function normally! 

I'm telling you...naps are funny things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment